Job: Technical Project Delivery Manager
Location: North Co Dublin
Type: Daily rate contract
Term: 12 months
Rate: 450-500 per day
Office: This is a hybrid model; you are required onsite once a week.
We are looking for a talented Delivery Manager (or Project Manager) to manage deliveries for our customer. You will work closely with numerous stakeholders both internal and external with the prime focus of quality and delivery of projects across the technology stack for a large digital transformational project.
For the role, you will be responsible for product deliveries that are in line with KPI’s and agreed targets and organisational KPIs. You will monitor and control activities including regular reporting for both technology and product teams.
Working alongside the Portfolio manager to ensure successful plans are in place for the project.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Manage internal communication, ensuring all internal stakeholders are informed, consulted as appropriate on items of relevance through the lifecycle of the delivery
- Ensure best practices around reporting (internal, external) and communication are applied and use the recommending tooling for this
- Manage Delivery in adherence to industry standards, delivery management procedures and practices
- Responsible for Delivery risk and issue management, including the identification and implementation of risk and issue mitigating actions
- Proactively engage in change initiatives to ensure their success in your deliveries, to make sure that the best practices are enabled and embedded in your work, and you are a champion of initiatives to drive a product centric delivery ethos
- Responsible for Delivery cost management – including collating estimations from the teams and definition of delivery costs, risks, dependencies and plans and on-going robust cost management
- Responsible for ensuring that deliverables are in line with agreed priorities, to agreed levels of quality and within agreed budget
- Delivery of effective and accurate delivery progress reports that can be analysed and understood at all levels within the organisation
- Work closely with commercial and operations managers to ensure business value is identified and delivered
We are looking for people with the following background:
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience of working with IT Software Development Lifecycle methodologies with particular focus on Agile as the de facto methodology
- Possess at least 8+ years of professional experience, with at a minimum of 4 years in Delivery management
- Experience working with Agile and DevOps teams
- Experience in working with third party suppliers in the delivery of business or IT change initiatives – including experience of working with remote and co-located teams and vendors
- Experience leading projects based on legacy technologies in an organisation
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office suite and Jira and Atlassian Suite of tools
- An effective Delivery Manager with proven ability to influence, motivate and support a high performing team
- Understanding of Agile end-to-end delivery principles and processes, and where delivery management’s role and responsibilities fit
- Acute understanding and ability to demonstrate expertise in quality management, delivery planning, risk & change management
- A demonstrated appetite to embed improved processes and show where you have been proactive in engaging with change
- Excellent communication skills, with a strong ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally at levels up to Director level and ability to translate complex technology problems simply to the business
- Strong negotiation skills with proven ability to maintain relationships with stakeholders and to influence stakeholders in support of product deliveries
- Robust relationship management, capable of working with all levels within the organisation by building effective relationships
- Highly motivated, driven, pragmatic and completely focused on delivering value for guest and business benefit
- Strong listening, analytical, and problem solving skills, with close attention to detail
- Ability to translate technical to business speak, and sometimes vice versa
- Ability to demonstrate conflict resolution skills – driving resolution of any delivery conflicts
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Eligible to live and work in the EU
- Ideally you will be Scrum-master certification or Agile qualification an advantage
- It will be important to have good knowledge of IT and digital systems, including experience of leading software development deliveries including e-commerce systems, mobile and web-based applications and legacy systems
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established business that boast some of Ireland’s largest companies as their customers. They have a fantastic track record in Digital Transformation projects and are well known for there ability to train and progress their large talent force.
If you would be interested in the role, please submit your CV to the link provided now for immediate consideration for the role.