Role: Support Engineer
Salary: €35,000 – €50,000
Hybrid working arrangement.
No visa sponsorship is available with this role. Applicants must have EU citizenship or Stamp 4 visa.
We are looking for talented Support Engineers to join a really exciting gaming company based in Dublin.
We are looking for Engineers to support the Triage of all the bugs coming from dogfooding, internal QA, crashbot, flytrap, customer reports, and other channels across product line of:
- VR (which includes, but is not limited to Quest 2, Quest Pro, Stinson, and future product lines)
- AR (Stella, Supernova, & future product lines), and
- Companion apps (Twilight, View, and MWA) Services Description:
You will provide triage services on user bug reports which have minimal actionable details by running wider scenario coverage, a/b testing, and apply critical thinking to make bug actionable for engineer. You will monitor release health by flagging launch-blockers and top issues across product line of VR & AR. Improve triage efficiency through buggins, automation efforts, and improved documentation, tooling, and logging. Its also important you will manage feedback groups through at least one of the following mechanisms. Structured triage, replying to posts, or providing high level insights on a regular cadence will also make up some of your daily tasks.
What we are looking for in you:
We are looking for talented and really passionate people who have some coding academy or similar experience/certification. You should be strong technical skills with basic coding fluency in at least one major programming/scripting languages such as Python, Java, .net, Ruby, PHP etc.
- Experience in command line tools and ability to review logs, derive root cause of bugs, develop test cases and plans etc.
- Strong critical thinking and deductive reasoning
- Strong communication skill with an ability to engage with stakeholders in a customercentric way
- Experience in customer service, help desk, support or other technical roles Preferred:
- Familiarity with gaming ecosystem and game design (object-oriented programming, designing in a 3D space, etc.)
- Understanding of software development process
- Experience with commonly used bug tracking software such as Jira, Bugzilla, Mantis etc.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-respected and innovative business with a really strong training program that will make you a better Engineer. You will work with a really talented team to help you at each stage of your development when needed.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV to the link provided for immediate consideration.