Job: Project Manager
Location: Washington DC
Type: Permanent contract
We are working closely with a leading mission critical services company serving the military both at home and abroad with everything from simulation training, Language support to logistics and Modernization of facilities and operations. As a Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the efficient and effective coordination and execution of the contractual requirements, Quality Control (QC), safety, operations, and maintenance. For the role, those most suited will have a background and an extensive knowledge of Facility Management concepts, principles, methods, practices, and processes related to contract management. You require a technical background and experience in functions such as contracting procedures and authorization processes. A strong management background with conflict resolution and negotiations. You will integrate customer requirements and participation into a comprehensive management plan that is fully coordinated with all functional elements within the company’s responsibilities and setting expectations. You will control and manage assigned project’s budget(s), inventory and schedule assuring that the company’s commitments to the customer and quality services are met.
For the role, you should be Technically qualified in the field of research laboratory management, the role is quite broad and will see you work on a range of projects within different industries from logistics to medical projects. So, we ideally are looking for people with:
- We are looking for people with a BS degree in engineering or architecture or 15 years’ experience in trades.
- 10 years’ experience in research, laboratory, or medical facility maintenance.
- 5 years of supervisory experience.
- 3 years of government medical research or hospital operations management experience.
- Be readily available in case of emergency
Further qualifications are ideal to enhance your application would include:
- 10 Hour OSHA General Industry Training Certification and the 30 Hour OSHA Construction Safety & Health Training Course
- Have taken the USACE Quality Management Course for Contractors.
- Have working experience in/with NFPA, EPA, OSHA, AAALAC, BMBL, Contract Appendix B, ISO 17025 & 9000, and other laboratory standards accreditations, AIHA, NRC.
This is a physically demanding job, you will be required to work in a sitting position for 8 or more hours per day, but you will also be able to stand, walk, bend and step in industrial environments on a frequent basis, such as medical and logistics facilities.
- Due to the nature of the environments you will work in, you must have sufficient vision and hearing, either natural or corrected, to identify safety signs, warnings, alarms, Sirens etc.
- Lift up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds as needed
- Travel to job locations by automobile and/or commercial airline
The company lives and dies by there core values which are Integrity, Excellence in performance and innovation. If you have these traits naturally, we are eager to speak with you, providing you qualify for the above criteria. Sadly, we are not in a position to assist those without a work permit. So US Citizens and current working visas are only accepted.