Job: Platform Engineer
Location: North Co Dublin,
Working arrangement: Hybrid (1 days on site, Close to the Airport)
Rate: 500-600 per day
Contract Type: Daily rate contract (12 month+ term)
We are working closely with an exciting Professional Services business in Ireland that boast some of the largest companies in Ireland as their trusted customers. They are well known for working on large digital transformation projects and are looking to add to there already talented team a Platform Engineer to assist in making there infrastructure even better.
For the role, we are looking for Engineers with the capability to do these tasks on a regular basis:
- Previous experience in a leadership role in Platform Engineering and governance
- Expertise in AWS and other cloud providers
- Experience in leading and managing multiple teams
- Successful track record in creating and implementing successful strategies that streamline team processes and improve overall team functioning
- Proven experience in leading complex projects, as well as experience mentoring, coaching and developing individuals
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyse data and make sound recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field is a plus
Key responsibilities & duties include:
- Perform an As Is Analysis of current infrastructure setup and limitations
- Review Team structure, current team skillsets, identifying any gaps that exist and provide recommendations on additional resources required, if any.
- Review security, tooling, data
- Review processes/workflows
- Assess existing development and deployment process capabilities
- Make incremental improvement recommendations to all stakeholders
- Detail any operational constraints and identify practical solutions
- Assess DevEx and requirements for developer platform
Our customer is migrating all infrastructure, applications and systems from on premise data centres to modern cloud technologies.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and highly respected business in Ireland and across the UK and Europe. There are excellent career opportunities in this fast-growing company. There is lots of Learning and development opportunities, as well as a flexible working environment.
If you would be interested, please submit your CV to the link provided for immediate assessment.